Climatic Impact of Volcanism :Workshop on Climatic Impact of Explosive Volcanism was initiated and jointly
sponsored by the Past Global Changes (PAGES) Core Project of the IGBP and the
Commission on Tephrochronology of the International Union for Quaternary
Research (COT / INQUA).
Earth's Active Volcanoes this resource provides a map showing the active volcanoes worldwide, plus
summaries and links to each of the featured volcanoes
Mount Baker : Living with an Active Volcano
Volcanic and Seismic Hazards on the Island of Hawaii
Other interesting papers and articles:
- Luciano B. Beheregaray, Claudio Ciofi, Dennis Geist, James P. Gibbs, Adalgisa Caccone, and Jeffrey R. Powell, Genes record a prehistoric volcano eruption in the Galápagos, Science, 302, 75, , 2003.
- Harpp, K.S. and Geist, D, The Wolf-Darwin Lineament and Plume-Ridge Interaction in the Northern Galapagos, Geochemistry Geophysics Geosystems, V. 3, No. 11, 8504, doi: 10.1029/2002GC000370, 2002.
- Harpp, K., and D. Geist, Wolf/Darwin lineament and plume-ridge interaction in northern Galapagos, Geochem. Geophys. Geosyst., 3(11), 8504, doi:10.1029/2002GC000370, 2002.
- Geist, D., W. M. White, F. Albarede, K. Harpp, R. Reynolds, J. Blichert-Toft, and M. D. Kurz, Volcanic evolution in theGalapagos: The dissected shield of Volcan Ecuador, Geochem. Geophys. Geosyst. , 3(10), 1061, doi:10.1029/2002GC000355, 2002.
- Naumann, TR, Geist, D, and Kurz, MD, Petrology and geochemistry of Volcan Cerro Azul: petrologic diversity among the western Galapagos volcanoes, Journal of Petrology 2002.
- Geist, D, Teasdale, R, Sims, E, and Hughes, S, Subsurface volcanology at TAN and controls on groundwater flow, GSA Special Paper 353, 45-59, 2002.